Dundalk Chamber held their first in person Cross Border Tourism Conference in the beautiful surroundings of the Four Seasons Carlingford on the 29th March. The event had been moved on line due to covid restrictions for the past 3 years so it was great to have all attendees under the one roof.
With over 200 booked in the event was a resounding success. The event was sponsored by Louth Local Development , Louth County Council, Local Enterprise Office Louth , Newry Chamber and The Marshes Shopping Centre.
The event brought experts together from various Tourism projects around Ireland and the UK so that tourism providers could replicate it in their own business. There were practical tips and workshops on how to improve your tourism business so as to increase sales and boost attendance figures at their attraction!
There was five key speakers at the event including and the event was chaired by Kieran Swail of the Southern Regional College with Brendan McSherry Heritage Officer with Louth County Council chairing the question and answer session at the end.
- Oonagh Messette – Celtic Routes Project Officer who discussed “The Celtic Routes Project, experiences outcomes and a few quirks found”.
- Wayne Denner of 10th Step covered “3 simple but effective strategies to boost your marketing efforts in tourism”.
- John Fitzgerald Glass Box Events discussed “The Aftermath” of Covid and lessons learned.
- Frazer Coupland of Lochaber Chamber of Commerce discussed how the Outdoor Capital of the UK was created.
- Pól Ó Conghaile – Travel Editor with the Irish Independent covered the “10 Travel Trends in 2023!”
There was an opportunity for attendees to network at the breaks and during lunch and visit the 30 trade stands on the day. Presentations attached.
- Press Release (pdf/46 KB)
- Oonagh Messette - The Celtic Routes Project, experiences outcomes and a few quirks found (pdf/375 KB)
- Wayne Denner - 3 simple but effective strategies to boost your marketing efforts in tourism (pdf/3 MB)
- John Fitzgerald - The Aftermath (pdf/2 MB)
- Frazer Coupland - How the Outdoor Capital of the UK was created (pdf/2 MB)
- Pol O' Conghaile - 10 Travel Trends in 2023 (pdf/16 MB)