The Annual Chamber Golf Classic took place in the beautiful surroundings of Dundalk Golf Club. A thoroughly enjoyable day was had by all Chamber Golf Classic which is one of the longest established and popular golf classics in the Northeast region. This very prestigious annual event sponsored by Servisource Recruitment was held on Friday 26th August in Blackrock and has drawn many teams back every year to enjoy the warm atmosphere and hospitality experienced on the day.
The Dundalk Golf course as usual was in magnificent condition and is unquestionably one of Ireland’s premium parkland layouts. The traditional delicious bar-b-que was enjoyed by team members at the ninth hole was sponsored by McArdle Meats and offered an opportunity to meet other team players for a chat before completing the course. Local companies Fyffes provided bananas for the occasion and the Great Northern Larder provided delicious sauces for the barbeque. An evening of entertainment followed with dinner, prize presentation and a raffle in the Club House.
Refreshments were also provided by The Town House Dundalk, Diageo and Value Centre Cash and Carry.
It was a fantastic competition, and the results were as follows:
- First prize with one hundred points was won by the Louth Leader Partnership team and the players were Josh Mackin, Noel Mackin, Eamonn Neary and John McKeever
- Second Prize was won by Senator Windows with ninety-two points. Players, were E Donaldson, Brendan Begley, Tom Fox, and Donald McEneaney
- Third Prize was won by Aquaweb on ninety-two points. Players were Damian English, David Carroll, Niall Carroll, and Mark McDonald.
- Fourth Prize was won by the Donnan Hurst team with ninety-one points. Players were Donnan Hurst, Mark Lowth, David O Reilly, and Patrick Butterly.
- Fifth Prize was won by the Chamber team with ninety points. Team consisted of Martin Patterson, Una McGoey, Catherine Duff and Eamonn Connolly
- Nearest the Pin Gents was won by Declan Murphy.
- Nearest the Pin Ladies was won by Sharon McGeough.
- Evan Farrell won Longest Drive Gents.
- Catriona O Reilly won Longest Drive Ladies.
The fantastic raffle which followed included a variety of prizes including two tickets to and event at Croke Park/ Avia Stadium, 2-night B and B and dinner for two in the Crowne Plaza Dundalk and a Gas Barbeque sponsored by Flogas.
Declan Murphy of Servisource Recruitment thanked the organizing committee at the Dundalk Chamber of Commerce, they also thanked Leslie and Ciaran of Dundalk Golf Club and to all those who helped to make this golf classic a tremendous success.
- golf press release 2022 after event (pdf/46 KB)