The Annual Chamber Golf Classic took place in the beautiful surroundings of Dundalk Golf Club. A thoroughly enjoyable day was had by all Chamber Golf Classic which is one of the longest established and popular golf classics in the Northeast region. This very prestigious annual event sponsored by Servisource Recruitment was held on Friday 25th August in Blackrock and has drawn many teams back every year to enjoy the warm atmosphere and hospitality experienced on the day.
The Dundalk Golf course as usual was in magnificent condition and is unquestionably one of Ireland’s premium parkland layouts. The traditional delicious bar-b-que was enjoyed by team members at the ninth hole was sponsored by McArdle Meats and offered an opportunity to meet other team players for a chat before completing the course. Local companies, Fyffes provided bananas for the occasion and Red Dog Sauces provided delicious sauces for the barbeque. An evening of entertainment followed with dinner, prize presentation and a raffle in the Club House. Refreshments were also provided by The Town House Dundalk, Fyffes, Diageo and Value Centre Cash and Carry. Guests were also treated to ice cream from an ice cream van on the day.
It was a fantastic competition, and the results were as follows:
- First prize with 94 points was won by the First Citizen team and the players were Gerry Oakes, Liam McGailey, Paddy Greene and Eamonn Arthur.
- Second Prize was won by Louth Local Development with 93 points. Players were Josh Mackin, Jordan Mackin, David Clegg, and Noel Mackin.
- Third Prize was won by Sync IT team with 91 points. Players were Joe Molloy, Clem Walsh, Ronan Molloy, and Robert Murphy
- Fourth Prize was won by Senator Windows team with 90 points. Players were Tom Fox, B Begley, N Callan, and D McEneaney
- The Fifth Prize was won by the Garda Siochana team with 89 points. Team consisted of Brendan Keane, John Flaherty, Keith Hargadan and Brendan Duffy
- Nearest the Pin Gents of a gift from Joe Frawley Golf was won by Paddy Sullivan
- Nearest the Pin Ladies prize of bunch of flowers sponsored by Blooms was won by Eva Beirne
- Sean Reidy won a voucher for dinner for 2 Fairways Hotel for the Longest Drive Gents.
- Rosemary Rogers won Longest Drive Ladies prize of a beautiful Hamper sponsored by the Town House Restaurant.
The fantastic raffle which followed included a variety of prizes including two tickets to an event at the Avia Stadium was won by Kieran Corbett, Voucher for the Crowne Plaza was won by Lesley O’Keefe and the Gas Barbeque sponsored by Flogas was won by Paddy Malone.
Declan Murphy of Servisource Recruitment thanked the organizing committee at the Dundalk Chamber of Commerce, they also thanked Leslie of Dundalk Golf Club and all those who helped to make this golf classic a tremendous success.
- Golf Press Release 2023 (pdf/30 KB)