The Government is developing the Offshore Renewable Energy Development Plan II (OREDP II) – Ireland’s new national spatial strategy for our offshore renewable energy future.
This is one of the key building blocks of the future, long-term model for the offshore renewable energy sector in Ireland. This long-term model is called the enduring regime which is the long-term vision for offshore renewable energy in Ireland. The State will ensure that the economic, environmental and social benefits of ORE are realised for everyone. This includes choosing the right offshore technology to use in the right places through the OREDP II.
The Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications is holding an 8-week public consultation on the draft OREDP II, commencing on Friday 24th February and continuing until Friday 20th April 2023.
We would like to invite you to attend one of the consultation workshops, as follows:
- Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork – Rochestown Park Hotel – 6 March 2023 @ 2pm
- Killybegs, Co. Donegal – Tara Hotel – 13 March 2023 @ 2pm
- Foynes, Co. Limerick – Foynes Yacht Club – 14 March 2023 @ 2pm
- Ros a Mhíl, Contae na Gaillimhe – Coláiste Chamuis – 23 Márta 2023 @ 2pm (As Gaelige)
- Dundalk, Co. Louth – The Crowne Plaza Hotel – 24 March 2023 @ 11am
- Arklow, Co. Wicklow – Arklow Bay Hotel – 14 April 2023 @ 11am
At the workshops, participants will be introduced to the draft OREDP II, and have the opportunity to provide feedback on the draft plan through dedicated structured discussions on important elements of the plan.
In addition, four online consultation events are also planned via Microsoft Teams, as follows:
- Session for Maritime Industry Stakeholders – 10 March @12 pm
- Session for Environmental NGOs – 16 March @ 11am
- General Information Session – 16 March @ 3.30pm
- Session for Fisheries Stakeholders – 21 March @ 6.30pm
You can find details of the public consultation and for all live and online events at https://www.gov.ie/OffShoreEnergyPlan. The draft OREDP II and consultation survey and link to provide feedback will be live from 24th February 2023.
Attendees need to register in advance for any events – see https://www.gov.ie/OffShoreEnergyPlan
We encourage you to register as soon as possible as spaces are limited.