Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 13 of the Planning & Development Act 2000 (as amended) that Louth County Council proposes to make a Variation (Variation No. 1) of the Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027.
The reasons for this proposed Variation are:
- To update the County Development Plan to take account of the methodology and housing projections as set out in the Section 28 Guidelines ‘Housing Supply Target Methodology for Development Planning’ and the ‘Projected Housing Demand by Local Authority Area 2020-2031 – ESRI NPF Scenario Housing Supply Target’ provided by the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage in December 2020. This will ensure that the housing provision in the Development Plan is consistent with, and aligned with, national and regional policy.
- To update the County Development Plan to ensure it is consistent with Part V of the Planning and Development Act as amended by the Affordable Housing Act 2021.
Proposed Variation No. 1 of the Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027 is accompanied a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Report and associated SEA Screening Determination, prepared in accordance with the Planning & Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (as amended). Proposed Variation No. 1 is also accompanied by an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report and associated AA Screening Determination prepared in accordance with Part XAB of the Planning & Development Act 2000 (as amended).
A copy of proposed Variation No. 1 of the Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027 (and associated SEA and AA Screening documents) will be available for inspection, from Wednesday 18th May, 2022 at the following locations:
Louth County Council website at the following Link
Louth County Council Customer Service Desk:
- County Hall, Millennium Centre, Dundalk, Co. Louth
- Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth
- Fair Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth
- Mid Louth Civic Service Centre, Fairgreen, Ardee, Co. Louth
Louth County Council Libraries (during their respective opening hours):
- County Library, Roden Place, Dundalk, Co. Louth
- Drogheda Library, Stockwell Lane, Drogheda, Co. Louth
- Ardee Library, Market Square, Ardee, Co. Louth
- Dunleer Library, Station House, Dunleer, Co. Louth
- Carlingford Library, Newry Street, Carlingford, Co. Louth
Making a Submission/Observation
Written submissions or observations regarding the proposed Variation No. 1 (and associated SEA and AA Screening documents), can be made between Wednesday 18th May, 2022 until 4pm on Friday 17th June, 2022, in one of the following forms:
- By e-mail to: email@example.com
- In writing to Thomas McEvoy, A/Director of Services, Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth A91 W20C
When making a submission/observation please note the following:
- Submissions/Observations should be clearly marked ‘Variation No. 1’
- Submissions/Observations should be made in one format only i.e. letter or e-mail.
- Submissions/Observations will be made available on the Council’s website within 10 days of their receipt. (personal details should be provided on a separate page)
- Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are entitled to make submissions/observations.
Louth County Council is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Acts (as amended). If you consider that any of the information supplied by you is either commercially sensitive or confidential in nature, this should be highlighted and the reasons for its sensitivity specified. In such cases, the relevant material will, in response to FOI requests, be examined in light of exemptions provided for in the FOI Act.
Louth County Council is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act (as amended) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In order to assist us in complying with Data Protection and GDPR please include your name and contact details on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/observation.
Any written submissions or observations in respect of the proposed Variation No. 1 (and associated SEA and AA Screening documents) received within the timeframe, will be taken into consideration before the making of Variation No. 1.
Please note that late submissions cannot be accepted.