The Fairways Hotel was the place to be last Saturday night when Dundalk Chamber of Commerce hosted the Louth Business Awards 2014. The glittering, Black tie event is now the Business event of the year and a highlight in the social calendar in Dundalk. A sell out crowd compromising of local companies, business leaders, local politicians and dignitaries suggested this really was the event to be with just under 500 guests on the night. Tickets are always at a premium for this occasion and this was the largest number of bookings ever for this fantastic networking event.
Patrons were treated to a fantastic champagne reception, followed by a four course meal. Mizu Health & Beauty sponsored Best Dressed Lady while Tony McDonnell Menswear sponsored the Best Dressed Gent. It really was a glamorous occasion with beautiful dresses and accessories. The staff of the Fairways Hotel pulled out all the stops to make it a night to be remembered. Local company Wow Wow Weddings supplied a photo booth on the night and patrons had a fantastic time getting fun photos with plenty of props.
MC for the night was Michael Duffy who provided the rapport with the audience and the finalists. The band on the night was Sugartown Rd. and they got all the audience up from the very first number and made sure the crowd were entertained until the early hours with a brilliant selection of songs. The dance floor was packed to capacity the whole night and local businesses donated fantastic spot prizes also which really added to the occasion.
The results for the Louth Business Awards 2014 were as follows:
- Best Customer Service Award sponsored by the Argus was won by Terry Kelly Wallpaper & Paints.
- Best Retail premises for both exterior and interior visual impact sponsored by The Fairways Hotel was won Ruby’s Vintage Style Tearoom.
- Special Community Group Award sponsored by Dundalk Credit Union was won by Dundalk Santa Run.
- Age Friendly award sponsored by myhomecare.ie was won by Colman & O Flynn Pharmacy.
- Business Growth Award sponsored by Vhi Healthcare was won by Prometric.
- Best Exporter of the year award sponsored by Enterprise Ireland was won by Ovelle Pharmaceutical.
- Best Pub/Bar Award sponsored by Diageo was won by The Castle Bar.
- Best Training Initiative sponsored by Louth & Meath Education Board was won by Walk Peer Programme.
- Best Tourist Attraction sponsored by The Crowne Plaza was won by The Spirit Store.
- Dundalk’s Best High Growth SME sponsored by Louth County Enterprise Board was won by Loughran Family Malt.
- Best Use of Internet Technology sponsored by Oriel Hub was won by McArdle Skeath.
- Best Marketing Campaign sponsored by AIB Bank was won by Matthews Coach Hire.
- Best Eating Establishment sponsored by Tesco was won by Fitzpatrick’s Bar & Restaurant.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award sponsored by Prometric was won by Horseware.