The Carrickdale Hotel was the place to be last Saturday night when Dundalk Chamber of Commerce hosted the Louth Business Awards 2016. The glittering, Black tie event is now the Business event of the year and a highlight in the social calendar in Dundalk. A sell out crowd compromising of business leaders, local politicians and dignitaries suggested this really was the event to be with over 570 guests on the night. Tickets are always at a premium for this occasion and this was the largest number of bookings ever for this fantastic networking event.
Local Soprano Sarah McCourt entertained guests during the reception. Mizu Health & Beauty sponsored Best Dressed Lady while Tony McDonnell Menswear sponsored the Best Dressed Gent. It really was a glamorous occasion with beautiful dresses and accessories. The staff of the Carrickdale Hotel pulled out all the stops to make it a night to be remembered. Local company Wow Wow weddings supplied a photo booth on the night and patrons had a fantastic time getting fun photos with plenty of props.
MC for the night was Michael Duffy who provided the rapport with the audience and the finalists. The band on the night was “Sugartown Rd.” and they got all the audience up from the very first number and made sure the crowd were entertained until the early hours with a brilliant selection of songs. The dance floor was packed to capacity the whole night and local businesses donated fantastic spot prizes also which really added to the occasion.
Stephen Kenny Manager of Dundalk FC gave a fantastic speech to the crowd. The presence of him and some members of his team really added to the occasion.
The winners in the various categories for the Louth Business Awards 2016 were as follows:
- Best Customer Service Award Independent Retailer sponsored by The Argus was won by After Sybil
- Best Customer Service Award Multiple Retailer sponsored by The Carrickdale Hotel was won by Peter Mark
- Best Bar/Pub sponsored by Diageo was won by The Carlingford Arms
- Best Eating Establishment sponsored by Dundalk Stadium was won by River Café
- Best Tourist Attraction sponsored by Crowne Plaza Dundalk was won by Carlingford Adventure Centre
- Special Community Group Award sponsored by Dundalk Credit Union was won by Dundalk Newry Samaritans
- Age Friendly Award sponsored by Myhomecare.ie was won by Drogheda & District Support 4 Older People
- Business Growth Award for SME’s sponsored by Local Enterprise Office Louth was won by Paycheck Plus
- Best Exporter of the Year Award sponsored by Enterprise Ireland was won by National Pen
- Best Customer Service in the Professional Services Sector sponsored by M1 Document was won by PKF FPM Accountants
- Best Training Initiative sponsored by Louth Meath Education Board was won by Irish Homecare
- Dundalk’s Best High Growth SME sponsored by Vhi Healthcare was won by McArdle Skeath
- Best Use of Internet Technology sponsored by Net 1.ie was won by Airbound
- Best Marketing Campaign sponsored by AIB Bank was won by Fyffes
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award sponsored by Prometric was won Value Centre Cash & Carry Dundalk
- Best New Business Under 3 Years sponsored by Oriel Hub was won by Gecko
- Lifetime Award for Contribution to Louth sponsored by Dundalk Chamber was the Gardiner Family & Ovelle Pharmaceuticals
- The Special Recognition Award was awarded to Stephen Kenny and all the Dundalk FC players
Best Dressed Lady sponsored by Mizu Health and Beauty was won by Jessica Molloy. Best Dressed Gent sponsored by Tony McDonnell Menswear was won by Brian Gartland.
Michael Gaynor President Dundalk Chamber was “delighted with the attendance, there are not many occasions where you can get so many members of the business community under the one roof and these awards provide that. All these companies here tonight are winners in their own field and this is a great opportunity to recognize them”