The Carrickdale Hotel was the place to be last Saturday night when Dundalk Chamber of Commerce hosted the Louth Business Awards 2015. The glittering, Black tie event is now the Business event of the year and a highlight in the social calendar in Dundalk. A sell out crowd compromising of business leaders, local politicians and dignitaries suggested this really was the event to be with over 550 guests on the night. Tickets are always at a premium for this occasion and this was the largest number of bookings ever for this fantastic networking event.
Patrons were treated to a fantastic reception, followed by a four course meal. Mizu Health & Beauty sponsored Best Dressed Lady while Tony McDonnell Menswear sponsored the Best Dressed Gent. It really was a glamorous occasion with beautiful dresses and accessories. The staff of the Carrickdale Hotel pulled out all the stops to make it a night to be remembered. Local company Wow Wow weddings supplied a photo booth on the night and patrons had a fantastic time getting fun photos with plenty of props.
MC for the night was Michael Duffy who provided the rapport with the audience and the finalists. The band on the night was “Sugartown Rd.” and they got all the audience up from the very first number and made sure the crowd were entertained until the early hours with a brilliant selection of songs. The dance floor was packed to capacity the whole night and local businesses donated fantastic spot prizes also which really added to the occasion.
Special Guests on the night was Dundalk Manager Stephen Kenny, who along with Colm Murphy from Dundalk FC brought along their 2 trophies after their 2 fantastic wins. They received a heroes welcome when they entered the room.
The winners in the various categories for the Louth Business Awards 2015 were as follows:
- Best Customer Service Award sponsored by The Argus was won by McCabes Pharmacy.
- Best Retail Premises (Exterior / Interior) Award sponsored by The Carrickdale Hotel was won by Mace Blackrock.
- Best Community Group Award sponsored by Dundalk Credit Union was won by Friary Youth Club.
- Age Friendly Award sponsored by Myhomecare.ie was won by Moorehall Living.
- Business Growth Award for SME’s sponsored by the Local Enterprise Office was won by Climote.
- Best Exporter of the Year Award sponsored by Enterprise Ireland was won by Suretank.
- Best Bar/Pub Award sponsored by Diageo was won by The Spirit Store Ltd.
- Best Training Initiative sponsored by Louth Meath Education Board was won by Cargotec.
- Best Tourist Attraction sponsored by Crowne Plaza Dundalk was won by An Tain Arts Centre.
- Dundalk’s Best High Growth SME sponsored by Vhi Healthcare was won by Intact Software.
- Best Use of Internet Technology sponsored by Net 1 was won by Myhomecare.ie
- Best Marketing Campaign sponsored by AIB Bank was won by Horseware Ltd.
- Best Eating Establishment sponsored by Dundalk Stadium was won by The Windsor Bar & Restaurant.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award sponsored by Prometric was won by Fyffes.
- Best New Business Under 3 years sponsored by Oriel Hub was won by Sync It.
- Best Customer Service Company Award sponsored by The Argus was won by MVI Cleaning Ltd.
- Lifetime Award for Contribution to Louth sponsored by Dundalk Chamber was won by Tom McGuinness of Horseware.
Best Dressed Lady sponsored by Mizu Health and Beauty was won by Laura Toner. Best Dressed Gent sponsored by Tony McDonnell Menswear was won by Kevin McEnteggart.
See the attached “Photo Roll Call” for who’s who in the individual photos….