Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 12 (1) (b) of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended) that Louth County Council, being the Planning Authority for County Louth, has prepared, in accordance with the provisions of the above Act, a Draft Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027 for the County of Louth.
The Draft Plan is accompanied by an Environmental Report, prepared in accordance with the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 – 2011 and an Appropriate Assessment, pursuant to Article 6 of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC.
A copy of the Draft Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027 and all accompanying reports will be available for public inspection from Wednesday 14th October, 2020 to Wednesday 23rd December, 2020 (both dates inclusive) at the following locations, during normal opening hours and excluding public holidays:
- Louth County Council, County Hall, Millennium Centre, Dundalk, Co. Louth A91 KFW6
- Louth County Council Offices, Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth A91 W20C
- Louth County Council Offices, Fair Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth A92 P440
- Louth County Council Offices, Fairgreen, Ardee, Co. Louth A92 RYT2
Visiting members of the public should be advised that the operation of Local Authority public counters and interaction with the public, in the context of ongoing COVID-19 public health requirements, is governed by Standard Operating Guidance (SOG) protocols applying in the local government sector. Please be advised that all visitors will be required to adhere to these protocols.
The Draft Louth County Development Plan is also available on the Louth County Council website
Making a Submission/Observation
Written submissions or observations with respect to the Draft Plan and/or the accompanying reports are invited from members of the public and other interest parties, including children or groups or associations representing the interests of children.
Submission or observations should be made by one medium only, to avoid the duplication of submission reference numbers and to streamline the process.
- Written observations or submissions should be marked ‘Draft Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027, and submitted to Forward Planning Unit, Development Plan Review, Louth County Council, Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth A91 W20C.
- Emailed submissions or observations should be marked ‘Draft Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027 in the subject line of the email and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions or observations shall be made between Wednesday 14th October, 2020 and Wednesday 23rd December, 2020 (both dates inclusive). Please note submissions will only be accepted up to 12pm (Noon) on Wednesday 23rd December, 2020. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Louth County Council is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act (as amended). If you consider that any of the information supplied by you is either commercially sensitive or confidential in nature, this should be highlighted and the reasons for its sensitivity specified. In such cases, the relevant material will, in response to FOI requests, be examined in light of exemptions provided for in the FOI Act.
All submissions or observations received during the above time period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027.
Copies of the Draft Plan will be available for purchase from the Forward Planning Section, Town Hall Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth A91 W20C or contact the Forward Planning Team on 042 9392962.
- Cost: €150 for Volume 1 – Written Statement
- €150 for Volume 2 – Written Statement (Settlements)
- €600 for full set of documents including maps (Volumes 1-5)
The personal information (data) collected during the consultation process (which may include the collection of sensitive personal data) is collected for the purpose of receiving and dealing with submissions and any data collected is subject to Louth County Council’s privacy statement which can be found attached.
Total Attachments: 1
- Download: louth-county-council-privacy-notice