National Bike Week which is an initiative of the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport takes place from the 13th to 21st June. Louth Local Sports Partnership are supporting a number of events during the week. Don’t forget to bring along your bike helmet. All events are free of charge.
Events organised by Ardee Cyling Club:
- On Sunday 14th June there will be a Family Fun Day from 3pm – 5pm in Ardee Parish Centre. Events taking place at the fun day include: Cycling Proficiency, Tutor Laps, Cycle Workshop, Bouncy Castle & Refreshments. So come along with the family and don’t forget to bring your bikes and helmets.
- On Wednesday 17th June C.O.W. (Cycle on Wednesday) – Adult Leisure Cycle 7pm. At Ardee Parish Centre, Adult Cycling 10Km approx. Refreshments afterwards. All welcome.
Events organised by Cuchulainn Cycling Club:
- Monday 15th June – Launch of Pump Track in Bellurgan Park at 7pm. The track will compliment the existing Off-Road trails in the park and while they’re small and compact in concept, pump tracks can be great fun for riders of all ability levels. Refreshments after in Bellurgan Park House. All welcome.
- Tuesday 16th – Mountain Bike Race across the Poc Fada trail.
- Thursday 18th – The Bike Station League Road Race, the race will leave Ballymac at 7pm, the riders turn at Greenore and race back to Ballymac for the finish.
- Friday 19th – Louth and Leinster Time Trial Championship. First Rider will depart from Felda at 7.30pm.
- Saturday 20th – Absolute Beginners Spins 30-40k easy pace. This spins have proved to be very successful and are the ideal introduction for people looking to start cycling. Departing Felda at 9.30am. All welcome.
Cycle training has been organised by Louth Sports Partnership and Ardee and Cuchulainn Cycling Clubs in a number of schools across the County to take place during bike week. For further details visit http://www.ardeecyclingclub.com, http://www.dundalkcycling.com and www.louthlsp.ie