The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) delivers a comprehensive public employment service. Its Intreo service provides a one-stop-shop for employers and job seekers alike. Services for employers include:
- JobsIreland, a free online recruitment service. This service was significantly upgraded during 2017 to include automatic matching of candidates to the skills and competency requirements specified in the job vacancies advertised.
- Free recruitment services provided by dedicated Employer Relations teams and local Intreo Centre staff.
- Access to EURES, the European Recruitment Service to attract talent from abroad to meet skills or language needs that cannot be met locally.
- Financial incentives to recruit DEASP clients eg. JobsPlus (cash grant in respect of employees hired from the Live Register), Employment Supports for People with Disabilities, NEW Youth Work Experience Programme.
- Collaboration with employers and the Further Education and Training sector to equip jobseekers with the skills necessary to meet current and future recruitment needs.
DEASP also proactively engages with employers to leverage support under corporate social responsibility. A significant number of companies have signed up to the Employment and Youth Activation Charter during 2017, committing to working with DEASP when filling job vacancies and to assist encourage less job-ready jobseekers with opportunities to improve their employability skills.
DEASP actively promotes awareness of all employment supports and services through regular:
- Careers and advice Fairs
- Information /Networking Events
- Cross Border Employment Supports Networking Event
- Speed Networking for Employers and Employer Development Event
- Cross Agency Information/Advice and Recruitment events with various agencies and departments
Employer Relations Unit North East Division
- Anne Keeley / email@example.com / 087-2121064
- Bernie Judge / firstname.lastname@example.org / 087-9719819
- Paul McArdle / email@example.com / 086-8372082
- Lorraine O’Malley / firstname.lastname@example.org