The aim of this programme is to provide training to members of County Louth communities, new and interested, in business creation and development in the tourism sector.
The training will result in enhancing the participants’ required skills and competencies, enabling them to promote the Region’s tourism offering and to generate active tourism networks. Moreover, the training will develop participant’s knowledge and capabilities, so as to provide a professional, local attraction tour and tourist guiding service to individuals and groups visiting County Louth.
The course will be running in October and November. At the end of this training participants will:
- Work with individuals and groups with confidence and professionalism in promoting Co. Louth’s tourism offering
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the guide as a ‘pathfinder’ and ‘mentor’ for the visitor experience – to include on-site, on-coach and walking tours
- Know how to select the most appropriate interpretative elements, to build a tour profile
- Understand and demonstrate how to operationalise an itinerary and apply the necessary guiding skills
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the local/regional culture and heritage, with greater understanding of the role of the tour guide therein
- Draw on a range of communication techniques to establish rapport, build trust, manage group dynamics, inform, interpret and engage
- Demonstrate a capacity for autonomous and independent learning
- Apply appropriate presentation skills with effective communication
- Understand the relevant Health and Safety obligations as a tour guide and when designing and implementing tours and trails
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
Please see the attached PDF for more information. To book your place, send the attached registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 087 2592098 for further details.