As the 1st January Brexit deadline fast approaches Enterprise Ireland, in conjunction with the Local Enterprise Network, is holding a series of regional ‘Brexit Customs Briefing’ webinars for all businesses commencing 7th December. (All webinars run from 9.30am – 10.30am.)
North East / North West webinar is on Wednesday, 9th December
Registration details here.
- Monday, 7th December – Dublin Region
- Tuesday, 8th December – Mid West Region
- Thursday, 10th December – South / South East Region
- Friday, 11th December – Midlands, Mid East & West Region
Brexit supports available through the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment and Enterprise Ireland and other agencies include:
- Brexit Readiness Checker – an online tool that provides companies with an individual assessment of their Brexit preparedness.
- Ready for Customs Grant – up to €9,000 per new full-time employee engaged in customs work. The grant can also be used to cover costs associated with the redeployment of an existing employee.
- Be Prepared Grant – The grant, which offers up to €5,000 or 50% of the total cost, for external support in relation to research or consultancy in relation to Brexit strategy.
- Brexit Act on Initiative – builds capacity in enterprises across critical issues such as finance & currency management, customs and strategic sourcing.
- Market Discovery Fund – which enables companies explore new market opportunities to further their market diversification programme.
- Agile Innovation Fund – assists product, service and process innovation which supports competitiveness.
- Operational Excellence Offer – supports operational change projects as well as capability building and capital investment in exporting companies.
- Prepare Your Business for Customs – Local Enterprise Network customs training programme.
- Technical Assistance for Micro Exporters (TAME) – grant available through the Local Enterprise Network to enable small businesses explore new exporting opportunities.
- Clear Customs Course – virtual training to equip staff and businesses to deal with new customs challenges offer by Skillnet Ireland.
In addition, a range of loans are available to business including the €2bn Credit Guarantee Scheme, the Brexit Loan Scheme and the Future Growth Loan Scheme through the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland as well as the recently announced Micro Finance Ireland Brexit Business Loan.